Siebel Dehydrated Culture Media is used for the detection of beer-spoiling bacteria and wild yeasts in brewing culture yeast and beer samples.
- Ready-to-use powder for fast preparation
- Functionality checked by special target germ
- Selective growth
- Detection of brewery related germ
- Recommended by the American Society of Brewing Chemists
- Certified by Siebel Institute of Technology, USA
Four trusted formulations provide essential quality control tools for the brewing industry:
- Hsu’s Lactobacillus/Pediococcus (HLP) Medium
- Lee’s Multi-Differential Agar (LMDA)
- Lin‘s Wild Yeast Medium (LWYM)
- Lin‘s Cupric Sulfate Medium (LCSM)
Lin‘s Cupric Sulfate Medium (LCSM) is used for the detection and quantitative determination of wild yeast populations in brewing culture yeast. It is designed to encourage the growth of non-Saccharomyces yeast. An inoculum of approximately 1 million culture yeast cells needs to be plated on LCSM. While the growth of culture yeast will be suppressed by cupric sulfate, wild yeast will develop as large, distinct colonies. A few Saccharomyces, like S. cerevisiae var. diastaticus, may be more resistant to cupric sulfate and show a certain level of growth.