Siebel Dehydrated Culture Media is used for the detection of beer-spoiling bacteria and wild yeasts in brewing culture yeast and beer samples.
- Ready-to-use powder for fast preparation
- Functionality checked by special target germ
- Selective growth
- Detection of brewery related germ
- Recommended by the American Society of Brewing Chemists
- Certified by Siebel Institute of Technology, USA
Four trusted formulations provide essential quality control tools for the brewing industry:
- Hsu’s Lactobacillus/Pediococcus (HLP) Medium
- Lee’s Multi-Differential Agar (LMDA)
- Lin‘s Wild Yeast Medium (LWYM)
- Lin‘s Cupric Sulfate Medium (LCSM)
Hsu’s Lactobacillus/Pediococcus (HLP) Medium allows fast and simple testing for the most common beer spoiling bacteria. While differentiation and selective counting of Lactobacillus and Pediococcus can be performed after 5 days of incubation, many lactic acid bacteria can be detected in as little as 48 hours. This medium presents several advantages over others: autoclaving is not required prior to utilization; anaerobic incubation is not required when using screw-cap tubes; minimal lab equipment and lab experience required.