Whatman Grade 42 Quantitative Ashless Filter Papers are suitable for a wide range of critical analytical filtration procedures for quantitative analysis. Grade 42 filter papers have the finest retention of all Whatman ashless filter paper grades and are designed for gravimetric analysis and sample preparation for instrumental analysis. Other typical precipitates for gravimetric analysis include barium sulfate and metastannic acid for use in glazes, coatings, and pigments. The high purity of Grade 42 filters also makes them suitable for processes that require ashing.
- Ashless: 0.007% ash maximum
- Fine (2.5 μm) nominal particle retention rating, eliminates large particles that might otherwise interfere with sensitive instrumentation
- Herzberg filtration speed of 1870 s
- Commonly used as a calcium carbonate filter for analysis in the cement industry
- Particularly suitable for gravimetric analysis