Whatman Grade 50 Quantitative Hardened Low Ash Filter Papers are highly glazed to enable recrystallization of very fine precipitates using Büchner funnel or Hirsch funnel filtration.
This hard, very thin, high wet-strength Grade 50 quantitative filter paper withstands wet handling and precipitate removal by scraping. With very minimal fiber shedding, they are an especially good choice for use as carriers in integrated circuits.
- Thinner filter design (average thickness 115 µm) than most Büchner filter papers
- Nominal particle retention of 2.7 µm
- Slow flow rates (Herzberg filtration speed 2685 s)
- High purity and low ash content (0.015% ash maximum)
- Acid-treated for high wet-strength and chemical resistance
- Hardened to minimize fiber shredding