Using special growth promotion components and nutrients optimised for beer spoilage organisms, the Döhler NBB® culture media range offers fast detection, reliable results – even for a very low level of contamination in a large sample volume – and easy handling for efficient laboratory workflow. The colour change from red to yellow of an indicator added to almost any NBB® culture media allows simple and reliable visual inspection. This makes both quantitative and qualitative analysis easier.
- NBB®-A (agar) is a ready-to-use agar medium for quantitative detection, primarily of membrane filtered beer. A pH-based colour indicator shows possible contaminations early on by changing colour from red to yellow.
- NBB®-B (broth) is a ready-to-use broth primarily intended for testing brewing yeast for beer-spoiling bacteria. A pH-based colour indicator shows possible contaminations early on by changing colour from red to yellow. Available in bottles and tubes.
- NBB®-B-Am is used in hygiene monitoring. Available in bottles and tubes.
- NBB®-C (concentrated broth) is ready-to-use and is used to test large sample volumes of unfiltered and filtered beer to safely detect even the smallest numbers of bacteria.
- NBB®-P is a powder for the production of NBB®-Agar and NBB®-Broth.
- NBB®-PCR Broth is a ready-to-use liquid enrichment specifically for subsequent PCR analysis.