Plas-Labs PCR Chambers have been designed to help improve the accuracy of PCR and general tissue culture procedures. The chance for airborne contamination during DNA sequencing is greatly reduced. The Plas-Labs PCR chamber is a "still air enclosure" which contains both fluorescent and UV germicidal lamps which will decontaminate all surfaces of the interior. The UV lamp should be activated 15 minutes prior to and 15 minutes after planned use. The front viewing panel is 0.5" (13 mm) thick optically clear material, is extremely effective for protection against 32P labeled compounds, and is very effective against beta rays but not gamma rays. Access to the interior chamber is gained by pushing the thumb knobs and lifting off the corner doors. The doors are removable therefore do not take up valuable laboratory counter workspace. If a corner door is opened, proximity sensors turn off the power to the UV system.
- Two bright white acrylic shelves are included (5 x 23 mm & 7 x 23 mm) with one tooled to store pipettors
- Side access panels are removable and have thumb knobs
- Proximity sensors turn off the UV system for safety when the door is opened
- Automatic timer
- The system has a two 2A circuit breaker
- Sides and back wall are one piece formed of 0.375" thick acrylic for long term rigidity, durability, and protection
- Bottom tray has a formed in place spill tray
- Main housing and top are removable for installation of large pieces of research equipment
- The UV system is rated at 254 nm
- 24 month warranty
The new HEPA filtered PCR Chamber 825-PCR/HEPA includes all of the same basic features as our standard 825-UVC Chamber, but includes a factory installed HEPA filter system. The HEPA filter system is rated at 99.9997% efficiency at 0.3 microns.