Whatman Grade 1 Qualitative Filter Papers are the most widely used filter paper for routine laboratory applications, qualitative analytical separations, and clarifying liquids. They are the standard grade cellulose filter papers for medium flow rates.
Grade 1 Qualitative Filter Papers (11 µm particle retention) are available in a variety of sizes and formats including circles, sheets and pre-pleated filters.
- Qualitative analytical separations for precipitates such as lead sulfate, calcium oxalate (hot), and calcium carbonate
- Agricultural soil analysis and seed testing procedures
- Industrial food processing techniques to extract liquid or separate solid foodstuffs from associated liquid
- Air pollution monitoring by collecting atmospheric dust from airflow and photometrically measuring the stain-intensity
- Gas detection by quantitative chromogenesis with optical reflectance