Whatman Grade 540 Quantitative Hardened Ashless Filter Papers are a high-purity, acid-treated cellulose lab filter paper. Mechanically strong Grade 540 is well suited for quantitative or gravimetric filter during analysis of metals in acidic or alkaline solutions and in the collection of hydroxides. The acid-treated surface prevents tearing during filtration and allows the user to scrape precipitates from the paper.
- Acid-treated for high wet-strength
- Extremely low ash content (0.006% ash maximum)
- Nominal particle retention of 8 µm
- Medium flow rate (Herzberg filtration speed 200 s)
- High chemical resistance to strong acid and alkali suspensions