Whatman Grade GF/F Glass Microfiber Filters are commonly used for biomolecule purification techniques such as DNA purification and protein precipitation as well as landfill leachate toxicity testing.
- Stringent 0.6 to 0.8 µm particle retention specification
- Manufactured from pure borosilicate glass
- DNA purification and binding
- Filtration for protein purification
- Clarifying difficult biochemical solutions and fluids
- Landfill leachate toxicity testing
Due to its stringent particle retention size specification and pure borosilicate glass composition, Whatman Grade GF/F Glass Microfiber Filters were chosen by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use in developing the Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP) 1311. It remains a prominent component for measuring landfill leachate composition.