Compact Dry™ is a simple and safe procedure to determine and quantify microorganisms in food and beverage, raw materials, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries and internal environmental monitoring. The ready-to-use Compact Dry™ chromogenic plates are suitable for both in-process and final product controls.
- Self-diffusing media - no need for a spreader
- Room temperature storage vs competitive products with storage at temperatures less than or equal to 8ºC
- Rigid transparent plates with removable lid - no leakage
- Innovative stacking design
- Easy to label
- Ability to subculture without damage to colonies
- Widest available parameters and broadest application
- Convenient, fast and accurate results
Enterococcus spp. are found abundantly in the gastrointestinal tract of humans and animals. Therefore, this can be used as an be used as an index of good hygiene and sanitation. The high count of Enterococcus spp. in the environment and food samples means that the food samples means that the company did not comply with proper environmental monitoring. Most species of Enterococcus spp. are considered "low-grade" pathogens, but some are opportunistic and can produce several types of virulence factors with broad resistance against different antibiotics.