Shel Lab SMO Series Forced Air Ovens have a quick ramp-up time to 306°C for faster cycle times. Units also includes an advanced PID temperature control system for sensitive response and are recommended for critical and analytical use in laboratory and pilot plant product research. Typical applications for the oven include aging, asphalt testing, curing, drying, pre-heating, conditioning and life cycle testing. This unit is equipped with a stainless steel interior for long life operation and easy cleaning. Its triple wall construction minimizes external wall temperature which meets CE requirements to keep work-spaces cool.
- Fast ramp-up to 306°C for faster cycle times
- Temperature range approximately 20°C above ambient to 306°C for multiple applications
- Advanced PID temperature control system for sensitive response
- Built-in digital timer for automatic operation following manual start
- Independent overtemperature setpoint and operational control override for additional safety
- 430 Stainless steel interior construction for long life operation, easy cleaning
- Forced-air circulation to assure maximum temperature uniformity
- Triple-wall construction to minimize external surface temperature
- Stainless steel shelves are adjustable on 0.5" (12.7 mm) centers to provide flexible inventory options
- Rear access port, 1.75" diameter (44 mm) for independent cables, instrumentation
- Exhaust port, 3.0" diameter (76 mm), adjustable, with external connection to customer-supplied vent for effluent exhaust if required
- Internationally certified CAN/CSA, UL, EN, IEC 61010, and compliant with CE
The advanced loop PID (proportional, integral, derivative) controller commands proportional power to the heating element to provide the most accurate and responsive control. Each controller is matched to the oven size to assure faster response to setpoint without overshoot, and quicker recovery following door openings. The on-board timer permits programmed dwell cycles with automatic shut-off for custom applications. Indicator lights are included for visual status feedback on critical functions.
All controls are centrally located on the main panel including manual power and timer on/off switches, independent overtemperature control, digital temperature and timer setpoint adjustments, and indicator lights for all functions.